Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index Colorado Region SCCA
Visit the Colorado Region SCCA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coronavirus: LaJunta race weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nancy Foster
Colorado Region Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Coronavirus: LaJunta race weekend Reply with quote

Trump has now extended the "social distancing" requirement for the USA until April 30th, Governor Polis will likely follow. That is one day before we have races at LaJunta. On Wednesday March 18th Polis adopted guidelines from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention AND prohibiting gatherings of 10 or more people, including sporting events, concerts, parades, fairs, church gatherings and more. We are a sporting event and I would hope we had more than 10 people show up.
As some of you know, in 2003 I became deadly ill with West Nile Virus. My immune system is compromised because of that. I am suggesting that our Colorado Region BOD seriously consider cancelling or at least postponing the LaJunta event. My personal decision now is that I will not attend LaJunta race and possibly not the Pueblo race at the end of May. Don't go through the hell I went through in 2003, you never fully recover. Too many sick already and it is a long way from being over.

Thanks Everyone,
Nancy Foster
Sound/Radio for Colo. Region
Jim Stinehelfer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: La Junta Icebreaker Reply with quote

Hi Nancy
You probably have heard that the Board has postponed the Icebreaker and is looking for an alternate date in June or July. They will of course have to rename the race to the Ice-melter but that's easy. There will also be a discussion at the next board meeting to discuss options and decision points for the Home of Hero's. Right now its tough to predict the furture.

Yes some of us remember your challenges with the West Nile virus and YES you should not attend any events where you feel you might be putting yourself at risk. We are supposed to be doing this for fun and thrills
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Colorado Region SCCA Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: