Have opinions about how your club is operating?
Have ideas about how to improve the operation of your club?
Familiar with Robert’s Rules of Order?
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!
Elections are in September for 3 spots on the COR BoD.
The nominating committee (Kevin Carter, Ed Shuler and Bill Spight) are accepting nominations.
Please consider running for your Colorado Region SCCA, Board of Directors.
From the Colorado Region Bylaws —
ARTICLE III. MEETINGS
Section 1. Annual Meetings
An annual meeting of the members shall be held in the month of September in each year, beginning in the year 1986, at the hour of 8:00 o’clock P.M., for the purpose of electing Directors and for transaction of such other business as may come before the meeting. If the election of Directors shall not be held on the day designated herein for any annual meeting, or at any adjournment thereof, the Board of Directors shall cause the election to be held at a special meeting of the members as soon thereafter as conveniently may be.
ARTICLE IV. NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
Section 1. Nominations
- A nominating committee composed of not less than three (3) and not more than nine (9) Active Members shall be appointed by the Regional Executive not later than June 15th of each year.
- The nominating committee shall report its recommendations to the Board of Directors by the first board meeting in August. Their recommendations shall include names of at least one nominee for each open position.
- The slate of nominees shall be published on the official Colorado Region SCCA website and the monthly newsletter prior to the annual meeting.
- Additional nominations may be may made by petition bearing the names of five (5) qualified Active Members. Such petitions shall be in the hands of the Secretary by the August Board of Director’s Meeting.
- In order to be eligible for office, a nominee must have been a qualified Active Member of the SCCA in good standing for at least six (6) months prior to the Annual Meeting.
Section 3. Election
The directors of the corporation shall be elected at the annual meeting of shareholders as provided in ARTICLE IV, provided however that in the event of an election of directors shall not be held on a date fixed for the annual meeting of shareholders, such directors may be elected at a special meeting of the shareholders to be called for that purpose. Such special meeting may be called by a majority of the shareholders, upon public and private notice of such meeting in the manner provided for calling the annual meeting of shareholders.
Section 2. Number, Tenure and Qualifications
The number of directors of the corporation shall be as provided in the Articles of Incorporation. Three directors shall be elected each year at the annual meeting. Each director shall hold office for a term of three years, or until the subsequent annual meeting of shareholders and until his successor shall have been elected and qualified. Directors must be members of the Corporation but need not be residents of the State of Colorado. In addition, Chapter Presidents, if any, shall be ex officio members of the Board of Directors.