Joined: 11 Feb 2004
Location: Copper Mountain CO.
|Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:04 pm Post subject: 1988 Mazda RX7 Converible EP
|For Sale 88 Mazda RX7 Convertible SCCA EP
Fresh and Fast and Furious
This RX7 is the best fabricated, most beautiful race car, I have ever owned and I believe it will be nationally competitive with a nationally competitive driver. It is very similar to the RX7 that took 2nd place in EP at the 2019 SCCA Runoffs. After last season, we acquired an amazing fresh new engine with over $11k invested in parts and labor from leading builders. All machining work on the engine was performed at Rotary Engine and the rebuild was performed by Coleman Precision Rotaries. This new engine was installed at Jesse Prather’s shop in Topeka KS. Jesse redesigned the oil cooling system with a new larger double pass oil cooler to make sure the oil temperatures stay under control, even on hot summer days. Also, Jesse replaced the entire ignition system with a new single MSD 6A with internal rev limiter, blaster coils, new distributor and custom coil wires and then dyno tuned the engine during the break-in process. (This design is described by Scott Baker at “ MSD 6A Direct Fire Ignition for Mazda RX7 Rotary Engine”). The front splitter was modified at Jesse’s shop to improve airflow and to make trailer loading easier and safer. The car also received a new wrap, professionally designed and installed by Fuel Design Works. This car is beautiful, very fast with a totally fresh engine and dyno tune.
1) Fresh 13B with $11k in race parts, machining and rebuild by leading Mazda shops.
2) Street Ports, FD light weight rotors/housings/e shaft, all cooling mods, 12.5 mm oversize studs, and REC 2 mm treated apex seals.
3) 9000 RPM Redline (rev limiter presently set at 8600 for early races).
4) New single MSD 6A ignition system, new coils, new distributor, new Magnecor coil wires
5) Jericho 4 speed transmission with Tilton dual disc clutch
7) Berg 52mm Carburetor with legal chokes per EP rules
8 ) 4:88 Differential Ratio
9) New (2019) double pass radiator, new (2020) high capacity double pass oil cooler.
10) New 2019 seat belts.
11) 3 sets of Team Dynamics 15x7- 14 pound wheels.
12) 4 brand new Toyo Proxies 225-50ZR-15 888R
13) Tubs of misc. spare parts (springs, shocks, gears etc.)
14) The engine and transmission alone are worth the asking price
15) Will need a transponder, radiator flush, and oil change before first track day
16) Email for pictures until I can put up a link
Car is presently stored in Kansas near Jesse Prather’s shop.
Jim Stinehelfer firstname.lastname@example.org